Awards

Providing customers with superior service and personal attention for the past 20 years. inquire here    

Kitchen and Bath Renovation see the full project Our Latest Projects    

Each year, preservation and building organizations recognize projects that exemplify the spirit of conservancy. Quality of workmanship, difficulty in execution and benefit to the greater community are just a few of the criteria for evaluation. Old Saratoga Restorations’ expertise has earned it dozens of local and regional historic preservation awards.

Tepper Carriage House Restoration after work by Old Saratoga Restorations.

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2015 Adaptive Reuse Award

Jason and Tamara Tepper received an Adaptive Reuse Award for having Old Saratoga Restorations transform the former carriage house of 718 North Broadway into a single-family residence. Most of the large ornate summer “cottages” along North Broadway had carriage houses that were located at the rear of the deep lots. The long vacant carriage house, now 28 Second Street, never drew much attention as it was clad in aluminum siding and had a modern garage door. The Teppers, new residents to the area, saw the great potential in the building and were thrilled to have their home recognized. Upon accepting the award, Jason said, “the house is similar to a geode, historic on the outside, but shiny and new on the inside.”

48 Union Avenue

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2014 Porch Restoration Award:

The condo association that owns the historic Colonial Revival Mansion at 48 Union Avenue hired Old Saratoga Restorations and Architect Steve Rowland of Bulter Roland Mays Architects to reconstruct the grand porch and balconies.

The restoration job included repairing, restoring or replacing the box newels, balustrades, corbels, columns, capitals and bases, as well as stripping and repainting the wood and brick. The trickiest past was duplicating the eye-catching curved balcony.

Wait Carriage House after restoration

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2014 Building Rehabilitation Award:

The Wait family moved this carriage house from its original location to North Broadway, hiring Old Saratoga Restorations to manage the project and rehabilitate the structure.

719-north-broadway-saratoga-centennial-4-cs-1024x765

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2013 Exterior Rehabilitation Award:

Old Saratoga Restorations and Lance Bell received an Exterior Rehabilitation Award for the extensive work done at 719 N. Broadway. The carriage house and exterior porches were restored and renovated and in 2013.

384 Broadway

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2013 Exterior Facade Initiative Award and Porch Initiative Award:

Chef David Zecchini and his wife and partner, Roslyn, hired Old Saratoga Restorations for the facade renovation on 384 Broadway, a building first used in 1864 as a grocery store. Original red brick removed from the interior walls was re-purposed to create the brick facing on the bar facade.

William and Anne Pape were also recognized for the restoration of the south side porch of their house at 743 N. Broadway.

440-446 Broadway

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2012 Paint Initiative and Window Initiative Awards:

Old Saratoga Restorations and building owners Tom Gardner and Mark Straus of Historic Saratoga Restorations received two awards in 2012 for this project. The Paint Initiative Award applied to the facade work done on both of the neighboring buildings at 440-446 Broadway. A Window Initiative award was also given for 440 Broadway, where the original historic wood sashes were retained and repaired, rather than replaced. OSR custom-fitted double-paned glass in the restored sashes for greater energy efficiency.

This 1850 carriage house was saved by new owners willing to go to great lengths to save as much of the original structure as possible.

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2011 Building Rehabilitation Award:

This carriage house on 104 Union Avenue was on the endangered properties list. The new owners enlisted Old Saratoga Restorations to ensure the future stability of the structure by actually taking it apart, creating a new foundations and reassembling as much of the original structure as could be preserved. Character-defining features including the cupola and decorative detailing were restored and rebuilt.

47 Franklin Street

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2010 Exterior Facade Recognition Award:

For 47 Franklin Street, the second oldest residential building in Saratoga Springs, owner Kay Owen had OSR repair, rather than replace the chimney, the roof, the siding and windows.

99 Division Street

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2010 Exterior Facade Recognition Award:

For 99 Division Street, OSR retained the wood siding, painted the exterior and repaired original windows rather than replacing them.

113 Regent Street

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2010 Exterior Facade Recognition Award:

For 113 Regent Street, work included removal of skylights, replacing the roof, exterior painting and construction of additions.

588nbroadway 2

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2009 Exterior Rehabilitation Award:

For extensive improvements to 588 North Broadway for Robert Bristol and Donna Wardlaw.

655 NBroadway

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2009 Building Rehabilitation Award:

When Carrie Hansen and Bruce Dick purchased the building, it was split into five apartments.  With the help of Old Saratoga Restorations, they turned it back to its original single-family use and completed extensive exterior work, including restoring the porches.

34 circular street

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2009 Restoring Wood Windows Initiative Award:

For extensive window restoration work for Ken and Madeline Abrams at their 1870 Italianate villa at 34 Circular Street, overlooking Congress Park.

737 north broadway

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2008 Carriage House Award

737 North Broadway

760-north-broadway-saratoga-centennial-roohan-realty-1-1024x731

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2008 Carriage House Award

760 North Broadway

92 east

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2007 Award

92 East Avenue

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2007 Award

129 Circular Street, built by John Hodgeman in 1832, a Greek Revival that was the summer home to Madame Eliza Jumel, one of Saratoga Springs’ most colorful residents.

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2007 Award

31 Fifth Avenue

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2007 Award

140 Caroline Street

688 Nbroadway

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2007 Award

Built in 1877, 688 North Broadway was most likely the first spec house built in Saratoga Springs by Abram Viele and John Darrow. It was sold in 1879 to Carrie Hamilton, who worked at Dr. Hamilton’s Medical Institute located at that time at 44 Franklin Street. Built as a summer cottage, for decades it was only occupied in the summer months.

720 NBroadway

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2006 Preserve and Restore Award

720 North Broadway for Jim and Elizabeth Rossi

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2006 Honorable Mention

434 North Broadway, Nostalgia for Kay Owen

School No.4

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2006 Rehabilitation & Adaptive Reuse Award

Designed in 1911 by local Saratoga architect Newton Brezee, School No. 4 at 112 Spring Street was closed in the 1950’s but remained in use for school district offices and vocational classrooms until 2003.  In 2005, owner Barbara Glaser asked Mosaic Architects and Old Saratoga Restorations to assist in converting the former school building into an office building to serve both non-profit and mixed profit organizations.

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2006 Preserve and Restore Award

14 Clement Avenue for Robert and Charlene Courtney

10Carriage

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2006 Honorable Mention

10 Carriage House Lane, Lee Weiser and Donna Hassler

1-SaratogaArms-Exterior-6

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2005 Contextually Appropriate Addition Award

495-497 Broadway, Saratoga Arms for Kathy and Noel Smith

429 Broadway

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2005 Historical Restoration Award

429 Broadway for Steve Oyer

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2005 Preserve and Restore Structures Award

191 Grand Avenue for Dana Rosenstreitch and Keith Brennan

fivepoints

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2005 Honorable Mention

42 Park Place, Five Points Market for Kim Helenek

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2005 Preserve and Restore Structures Award

28 Fifth Avenue, for Robert and Nancy Marzoli

Shaker After (2)

APWA 2005 Project of the Year/Historic Albany Foundation Preservation Merit Award:

Old Saratoga Restorations was awarded the contract to completely restore the exterior facade of an 1858 Shaker Meeting House. This involved removing – by hand – more than 90,000 bricks that had been added to the exterior in the 1920’s, hiding the original wood, which had suffered damage during its imprisonment. This Public Works Project involving the New York State DOT, Albany County, Town of Colonie and The Shaker Heritage Society was a “shining example of cooperation” between agencies.

Yaddo

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2004 Spirit of Preservation Award:

Awarded for Stewardship and Restoration in recognition of outstanding efforts to protect turn-of-the-century buildings. Old Saratoga Restorations meticulously hand stripped every inch of paint from the Yaddo Mansion’s intricate exterior surfaces. A modern 3-coat paint system was applied to improve its longevity.

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2003 Preservation and Restoration of Buildings, Structures and Landscapes Award

795 North Broadway for Mildred Noorman

60Lake

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2003 Preservation and Restoration of Buildings, Structures and Landscapes Award

60 Lake Avenue Fire Station for the City of Saratoga Springs

649 N. Broadway

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2003 Honorable Mention

649 North Broadway for  Mr. and Mrs. Bernard Kastory

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2003 Honorable Mention

150 Phila Street for Mr. and Mrs. John Behrendt

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2002 Rehabilitation and Adaptive Reuse Award

260 Woodlawn for architect Tom Frost on behalf of Mr. and Mrs. Donald Adam

112 Washington

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2002 Honorable Mention

112 Washington Street for Hans Lehr

masie

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2001 Appropriate Design of Structure or Landscape

95 Washington Street, Masie Center for Elliott and Cathy Masie

718 NBroadway

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2001 Preservation and Maintenance of Structure or Landscape

718 North Broadway for Susan Briere Shafer

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2001 Preservation and Maintenance of Structure or Landscape

36 Nelson Avenue for Robert McNair

718 NBroadway

 

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2000 Restoration and Revitalization Award

718 North Broadway for Susan Briere Shafer

3Franklin

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2000 Restoration and Revitalization Award

3 Franklin Square for 3 Franklin Square LLC

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2000 Restoration and Revitalization Award

25 Fifth Avenue for Neal and Sandra Galvin

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2000 Restoration and Revitalization Award

182 Washington Square for Sarah Foulke and Mark Naginey

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2000 Restoration and Revitalization Award

111 Ludlow Street for Eileen Kelly and Lowell Boyers

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2000 Rehabilitation Award

473 Broadway for Adirondack Trust Company

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 1999 Rehabilitation and Preservation Award

495-497 Broadway, Saratoga Arms for Kathy and Noel Smith

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 1999 Rehabilitation Award

142 Lake Avenue, Mae West Inn for Eloise and Bruce Palmisano

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 1999 Maintenance Award

65 Ludlow Street for Jim Hill and Barbara Black

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 1998 Maintenance and Painting Award

41 Washington Avenue for Bethesda Parish House, Rev. Thomas Parke

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 1998 Contextual New Design Award

671 North Broadway for James B. Dorsey Jr.

Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 1998 Contextual New Design and Landscape Enhancement Award

204 Woodlawn Avenue and 659 North Broadway, Sharon Hawkins